The much anticipated Rangers Race will be starting on Thursday afternoon, May 20th, till Sunday afternoon, May 23rd.
Every PM drive will be hosted by a different presenter to allow everyone to get out there on the PM drive to participate. Marc will be presenting on Thursday, Patrick on Friday, Jared on Saturday and Tara on Sunday.
The rules will be the same as for previous Ranger Races and are as follows:
1. The highest number of positively identified living mammal species wins.
2. Each ranger gets one afternoon safari of 3 hours.
3. A mammal only counts if it is positively identified by a viewer who mails the species
(not latin name) identification to email@example.com (e.g. Grey Duiker not just Duiker.)
4. If the ranger or cameraman verbally identifies the mammal before a viewer then that
sighting (not mammal) is disqualified from the race.
5. All mammals must be alive at the time of viewing.
6. The director may 'cut in' mammals from other cams like the Gowrie waterhole and these
mammals will count if correctly identified by a viewer.
7. The Director must keep a tally and has final say as to whether it is counted.
8. Viewers have twelve hours after the race has finished to come back with answers if
they were not positively identified on the drive.
9. More than one of the same mammal cannot be counted.
It is going to be one to remember so please join us on Thursday!!!