"Vroom, vroom", goes the jigga! "Yoohoo", goes the crowd. WE are ready, ready to go out!!!
12/6 1200: We're finally getting somewhere. Thabang is putting the valves in the cylinder head and when that's done bring it back to us to put the jigga engine back together. All parts are here, so sometime later today WE should be able to go out on drive again.
11/6 1730: Better news. Parts will be in Nelspruit for pick-up at 0830 tomorrow and so will Pete. If all goes well he'll be back in Djuma around 1100. From that time the mechanic estimates he will need 4-5 hours to finish the job. So looking good for a (late) PM drive on Friday.
11/6 1600: Bad news, not only did the previous mechanic repeatedly not show up as promised, it turns out he did not order all the needed parts. WE are trying to get one that piece, so the new mechanic can start working, but that will not be today... WE will update again when we know when WE can get the part to Djuma.
11/6 1230: The mechanic let us down big time, but WE've now managed to find another one. Patrick is with him at the moment and they will start making their way out here soon. So then, finally, the jigga will be put back together. WE'll let you know more after he starts working.
10/6 1800: Well, it's been a very frustrating day with the mechanic not arriving due to a variety of reasons. He promised now he will start working early in the morning on Thursday. We'll give another update once he arrives.
10/6 1130: There's been a delay in the arrival of the mechanic on-site, but he will be here between 1230 and 1300 and start working on the jigga then. We'll inform you about drives once WE've spoken to him.
9/6 1830: All the needed parts are at Djuma, but it is too late for the mechanic to still come out now. He'll come in early in the AM and to put everything back together again. WE do expect to go on drive again sometime in the afternoon tomorrow (Wednesday). WE'll keep you posted progress during the day.
Update 1645 CAT: Finally some good news. The parts will be in Nelspruit for pick-up tomorrow morning. Once I'm back at Djuma with them the mechanics will start putting them in. First drive either Wed AM or maybe late on Tuesday.
Update 1515: Graham is working hard on finding the right replacement parts and getting them to Djuma, but it is proving to be a challenge. So for now no drives today and in the AM on Tuesday
Update 1900 CAT: Tomorrow morning WE will start working on getting the replacement parts WE need as soon as possible and on putting the jigga back together. WE hope to be able to give you an accurate estimate about when the first next drive will be sometime during the day tomorrow.
Update 1400 CAT There will be no drives today. There are some damaged parts inside the engine that need to be replaced. Fireside Chat will be on at 1800 CAT as scheduled. More info then.
Update 10:30 AM CAT: Mechanics are opening the jigga engine and will give us the verdict once they've completed this task. As soon as WE know, WE'll post another update.
UPDATED 7:30am CAT - Mechanic is due in Djuma this morning. All WE can tell you at this time is that the AM Drive is canceled as far as we can see. As far as the Afternoon and Night Drives go, we are not able to give you a status on them at this time. WE will know more as the mechanic looks further in to Jika.
Posted 1:15pm CAT June 5 - A Blog will be posted soon to give further details, but unfortunately a mechanic will not be able to come until Saturday to work on Jika. So WE regret to inform you that the Drives for rest of today and at least the AM Drive for Saturday will have to be canceled.
We apologize for any inconvenience it may be causing you, but be reassured that WE want to be back out there on the road as much as you would like us to be.